Helping to make food and resources available to everyone through education and partnerships around the world.
- The right to obtain food in a dignified manner
- Relief, development, education and advocacy as co-essential responses to hunger
- We support and facilitate relationships between local expressions of the church as they fight hunger locally and globally so that no one must remain hungry.
- Advocacy of hunger issues locally and globally
- World Hunger Appeal
- Develop the Hunger Network within the Northeastern Iowa Synod
- Network with companion synods on hunger issues.
- Remind pastors and church staff to open and use their ELCA World Hunger Action Guides for Congregations.
- Post Action Guide ideas on Facebook.
- Inform congregations of resources available to help people in need.
World Hunger mascot available
The Hunger Network invites congregations to borrow the synod’s wooden pig mascot to help promote ELCA World Hunger.
To reserve the mascot, contact Pastor Mark Anderson through email or by phone, 319-352-1414.