Safe Ministry Team
We support and care for the safety of all God’s children.
Safeguarding God’s Children Workshop
Sunday, March 26, 2017
St. Peter, Greene
This free training session provides information to help church staff and volunteers learn how to protect the children they know and care for in their personal lives and in their church ministries.
Call 641-816-5531 to register.
Synodical Advocates Focused on Education,
Prevention and Healing of Sexual Abuse
- Safety for all God’s people in congregations
- Dignity of all who come to our congregations as God’s children
- Education for all God’s children in raising awareness of the need for written policies and procedures
- Promotion of healthy congregations
- Focus on communication, prevention, response, advocacy, healing, reconciliation and being proactive
- Support and educate congregations and leaders, and help them implement SAFE Ministry Team projects and programs.
- Work with Synod staff, congregations and conferences to provide SAFE workshops.
- Provide other educational opportunities as requested, e.g. Synod Assembly workshops.
- Continue to address the problem of bullying.
- Receive additional training as a team as needed and pass on that knowledge.
- Continue to address the problem of pornography.
Statement of Policy Regarding Sexual Misconduct
By members of the clergy and rostered lay persons (booklet form)
S.A.F.E. Brochure — How to Report Sexual Misconduct (2016)
by Pastors or Other Rostered Persons
Rev. Cindy S. Krause
Trinity, New Hampton
Rev. Kim Smith
Faith, Shell Rock
Rev. Jennifer J. Bohls
St. James, Mason City
Rev. Bryan C. Lagerstam
Our Savior, Osage
Rev. G. Kim Wills
Zion St. John, Sheffield
St. Paul, Monona
Rev. James Knudson
(Synod Council Liaison)
Our Savior’s, Waterloo
Rev. Stephen Brackett